The Altair 2" premium diagonal has a CNC machined chassis to hold extra heavy accessories without flexing, a 2" push-fit adapter with non-marring compression ring, and a 99% reflective mirror with dielectric-coatings.
The thumbscrews are easy to grip and tighten, and a 1.25" adapter is included.
Compared to the standard diagonals which ship with SCT telescopes, the Altair Premium range is a significant upgrade, both optically and mechanically.
Designed to fit Celestron and Meade SCT telescopes with the standard "SCT Thread" fitting. Simply put it in place, and rotate the captive ring at the front of the diagonal to tighten it up against the SCT adapter flange, maintaining alignment to the telescope optical tube every time.
The carbon fibre sides add a nice touch to the product. A version with anodised red aluminium sides is also available.
- Includes a 2" to 1.25" adapter with compression ring for smaller eyepieces.
- SCT thread is over-engineered and precision machined on a computer controlled lathe for perfect alignment.
- Blackened interior for high contrast observation of bright objects.
- A scratch resistant chemically stable dielectric mirror coating enables more frequent cleaning than softer aluminium-coated mirrors, with higher reflectivity.
- Super-hard black anodising for extra durability.
- Includes dust caps for both ends, and a foam filled storage-box.