Land Sea & Sky is a premier specialty optics retailer in the US selling astronomy gear, binoculars and spotting scopes, and microscopes to a diverse set of customers across various industries.
We are the exclusive optics retailer for several birding events, including the Rio Grande Valley Bird Festival, the San Diego Bird Festival, and the Biggest Week in American Birding.
Nature Sales Lead
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a retail associate specializing in optics for nature observation. This will be a full-time (30+ hours/week) position based out of our retail location in Houston, Texas.
- Working closely with team members to always put the customer first.
- Answering questions and giving advice on binoculars, spotting scopes, and accessories to help customers find the best products for their interests.
- Communicating with customers via text, email, phone, and in person.
- Attend birding events and shows both inside and outside of Texas.
- Following up with customers and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Entering orders and capturing payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Traveling to birding events, with some overnight travel expected.
- An interest in birding or other nature-related activities.
- A desire to learn about optics, such as binoculars and spotting scopes.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfort with and willing to learn cloud-based point of sale and order processing system.
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight (2 - 3 times per year for 4-5 days each time).
- Valid driver's license.