Introducing iOptron's new compact next-generation German equatorial mounts the GEM28 and GEM28EC. Like their predecessors the GEM28 is designed with portability in mind, weighing in at only 10 lbs it can support up to a 28Ib payload an incredible 2.8 mount weight to payload ratio. We achieved this using design methods developed to reduce mount mass on our CEM family of mounts. The German EQ versions were created to satisfy consumers that prefer a more traditional mount and or those whom need a mount that functions at higher latitudes (Over 60°).
Building on the legacy of earlier GEM models we have added features for convenience and functionality. A positive lock gear engagement system (easy to use even when wearing gloves), Built-in Wi-Fi enabling unparallel connectivity, and recordable permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) to repeat optimal PEC training sessions (real time PEC on the GEM28EC) Regarding functionality the GEM28 andGEM28EC deliver precise pointing and accurate tracking (PE <0.3 arcsec RMS on the EC model). An on board 212,000 object library ensuresyou'II never run out of targets to see or image.
The GEM28 and GEM28EC set the new standard for compact German equatorial mounts.
• German equatorial design, latitude range of 10° ~ 70°
• Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
• Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
• Integrated iPolar™ electronic polar finder
(optional visual polarscope available)
• Max payload of 28 lbs (12.7 kg) with the mount weight
of only 10 lbs (4.5kg)
• Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
• Go2Nova® 8409 controller with advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology
• PEC +/- 10 arc-sec (GEM28), <.3 arc-sec rms (GEM28EC)
• Permanent PEC (PPEC) GEM28, real time PEC (RPEC) GEM28EC
• Integrated ST-4 auto guiding port
• Built-in Wi-Fi
• Available with 1.5" standard or 1.75" LiteRoc tripod